my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Monday, December 04, 2006

Grace and Joy

Do you see the beuatiful connection between grace and joy? I do or atleast I think I do. We mess things up royally with our relatioinship with God. We come to our senses that is God changes our hearts. We see our sin, that is God points out every area we messed up. We confess to God and ask to be forgiven by those involved, if the case applies. We trust in his promises, we hold to the hopes we have in him, we bow and give all of ourselves to him...this all sounds as it is the five easy steps to fixing your relationship with God...but they aren't easy and they aren't steps. It requires humility, patience, and complete, I mean complete!, trust in God because all is through him and by him and in him, all is him! That is when you see grace, when God shows you a glimpse of what your wrethchedness deserves and then he wraps you with his love and gentleness and forgiveness and Christ's precious blood, everything we do not deserve...that is grace. That is what brings peace and joy...his message, his good news, his love and nothing of ourselves.

"But the angel said to them, 'do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.'" - Luke 2:10

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." - Romans 6:11-14

No comments: