my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Road marked with Suffering

"Drowned eyes
Dark skies
Lonely nights
Fading lights

You will wipe my tear
every word you hear
Change my heart of stone
For I am not alone

My God is good
for there I stood
looking to the cross
now I count my sin as loss

All my life to give
is the only way to live
Endure the race
to see His Face!"

I wrote these words this evening, reflecting on my most resent struggles and on my past struggles. I was reminded today that dwelling is not good. Dwelling on the negative, dwelling on my sorrows, dwelling on my struggles, and worst of all dwelling on the lies Satan tells me. But Christ died for me and for ALL, no need to dwell. Rejoice instead for he has saved me and I bring pleasure to his eye.

"Blessed be Your Name
On the Road marked with suffering
Though there is pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name"

No comments: