my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Courage to not Run

When faced with something do you choose to run from it or do you choose to take it head on? Pause before you answer this!

"The wicked man flees though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion. - Proverbs 28:1"


I'm not referring to anything particular. Financial problems, school problems, relationships, temptations, surrendering of idols, your own sins, your weaknesses or any struggle that you find yourself in. For me I guess it is all of these, I confess. I'm a runner and not in the one foot in front of the other way but the one where avoidance is my way of life.

But there is hope! WE have the Spirit in us and God is on our side.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength. - Phil 4:13"


"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13"

No comments: