my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Surrender and renew

I try to run and I try to hide
But you promise to never leave my side

Your love is so kind
And I am so undesevering
This plagues my mind
How you could be so unswerving

My pace quickens
My heart skips a beat
My grip tightens
My soul begins to retreat

But it is not until the tears fall
That on my knees I send out a call

O Lord only you
Will satisfy
Through and through
To you I die

Alone on the tracks
I renew my vow
Can finally relax
As I joyfully bow

"Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth." - Psalm 31:5

No comments: