my word

read and enjoy what God is teaching me everyday as I strive to be an imiator of him and as I long to live life to the fullest until the day that I will stand...no lie facedown...before my King, my Father. "Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy." ~ 1 Peter 1:8

Friday, February 10, 2006

Pains of Surgery

I read this today from the book "Real Christians don't
Dance". I admit when I have a problem I try to fix my
environments, by getting rid of the idol but what
about the idol in my heart. We have to be cleansed
from the inside out and let me tell you what, it
hurts. humbling yourself before God and being
vulnerably is not the most comfortable place to be at
but that is what needs to be done. Pray with me not
just for me but for anybody else who is going through
this too.



The cartoon character Pogo's famous statement says it
best: "We have met the enemy and he is us." A pure
environment doesn't necessarily make pure people.
Avoiding movies, burning records, staying away from
dances, or turning off the radio does not make anyone
spiritually strong. In fact, these actually tend to
produce the opposite effect, developing fragile
Christians who must live in a controlled, censored
environment � much like people who are so sensitive
to germs and chemical pollution that they have to live
in sterile rooms and breathe only filtered air.

The real problem of evil is inside us and not on
our walls or our stereo turntables. The purifying
process must begin in the heart and mind. The Bible
says: "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those
who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure"
(Titus 1:15). God works from the inside out, not
outside in. A pure heart makes for a pure world, not
vicversasa.

A pure heart comes from knowing Jesus Christ and
having Him recreate our hearts and minds through His
Word. It's strictly an inside job. Once that process
of change has begun, we begin to see differently. The
Word of God becomes a compass that points us toward
truth. With our new-found eyesight, we begin to sift
out truth from wherever we find it � even in the
most unlikely places. "To the pure, all things are
pure."

No comments: